Carrot juice benefits for our health providing better eyesight and healthier skin. Carrots are a great crunchy and natural snack. They can also be juiced and taken for better health. Carrot juice tastes different depending on the variety of carrot that is juiced. For example, have you seen the purple carrot ? It is a variety of carrot that is purple in color and its juice is darker. The regular orange carrots produce a dull reddish or dark orange color. Carrot juice contains many nutrients that the carrots contain, however, their concentration is generally reduced because of the juicing process.
Carrot juice benefits for health. Drink carrot juice and you are going to get these health benefits.
- Carrot juice contains beta carotene which can turn our skin orange. Well, this stuff is known to almost everyone. But, what are the health benefits of taking beta carotene from carrots juice. Well, actually the biggest health benefit obtained from beta carotene is that it prevents ARMD diseases. These are age related macular degenrative diseases and they affect eyes and vision. Two of the common ones are cataract and glaucoma. By eating carrots or drinking the juice, one can stay away from such diseases to a great extent.
- Carrot juice helps the liver to flush out certain toxins out of the body. It therefore helps the liver in its functioning. Drinking carrot juice regularly can improve the efficacy of the liver and provide better health overall.
- Carrot juice is good for the skin : It is known that taking too many carrots in a short span of time can make one’s skin look like carrot’s orange color. It is beneficial for the skin in many ways. However, it may take some time for the effects to show up. The same effects are also observed when things containing large amounts of vitamin A are eaten, like yams.
- Carrot juice is a carminative, that means it helps to reduce gas and flatulence in the belly. It is also beneficial in constipation, although not as fast acting as other fruit juices like prune juice.
- Preventing night blindness : Carrot juice contains beta carotene which is a type of Vitamin A. When you keep getting a regular amount of vitamin A in diet, then there is hardly any chance of getting night blindness, which is caused by severe deficiency of vitamin A.
- Carrot juice is also good for the hair and the nails. It helps then grow in a healthy way.
- Acne : For some people, carrot juice remarkably improves acne on the face and back. Drinking carrot juice for a few weeks may help to clear out acne pimples.
- Carrot are being researched for their possible health benefits in cancer. Drinking carrot juice can be a way to prevent cancer.
- Carrot juice can also relieve the pain and difficulty in arthritis.
- Carrot juice benefits weight loss. It contains low calories and even low amount of fruit sugars. So, it can be included in a weight loss diet.
If you do not like the taste of carrot juice ( it tastes bland ), them mix it up with tomato juice, pomegranate juice and orange juice. Combination of fruit juices often taste better.