Health benefits of Beets ? Beet is a grown in many varieties – beetroot, as vegetable chard and also sugar beet. There are many health benefits of this sharp and deep red colored vegetable. In our modern world, beet has somewhat fallen behind other vegetables in terms of popularity. But, we should also try to eat beetroot along with the commonly eaten green vegetables like kale and spinach.
Health benefits of beet are quite unique.
- Beetroot for Skin : Taking beets in any form provides us with special nutrients called betalain. These have strong influence on the collagen synthesis mechanism. In this way, eating beets can increase skin collagen, which protects it against sagging and dark circles under the eyes. Beets are a recipe for a healthier and better skin. Our skin also performs many important body tasks , like removing toxins through sweat. By eating beets, these functions gradually improve .
- Beets are good for the Cardiovascular System: Beets have the capacity to improve blood quality . Flow of enriched and toxin free blood quickly restores body functions to a normal level. People who regularly eat beets are much less prone to heart disease. It is also seen that people who are anemic feel better after eating beets.
- Beets are a great Liver flush : It is believed that beets stimulate the bile juices to flow. Once you eat beets or drink beetroot juice, the nutrients reach the liver through blood. There they promote the liver to flush out many toxins. Beets are a natural remedy for jaundice too.
- Beets are great source of instant energy , much like sugarcane. They contain carbohydrates which provide energy for physical activity. A variety of beet is known is sugar beet just because beet sugar is manufactured from it. Even today, in places where sugarcane is not abundant, sugar can be extracted out of beets.
- Nutritional quality of beets is superb. The roots and the leaves of beet contain vital vitamins and minerals like Vitamin B complex, Folic acid, Iron, Calcium etc. Both orange and red beets are great sources of Vitamin A .
- Beets have protective effect on the Nervous system. It keeps important sense organs like eyes, ears and other reflexes working fine. However, evidence is still being sought to prove this.
- The substances found in beets have exceptionally good anti-inflammatory activity. Studies are being conducted to find out some relation about health benefits of beets for diabetes.
- Beetroot juice is a working home remedy against Constipation. This fact was known to man since ancient times. It can clean the colon well, making it a must have food for people with chronic constipation. It also prevents colon cancer.
Beets can be eaten raw or they can be cooked. Many recipes of the olden times describe how to make dishes with beets as ingredients. Today, we should try to incorporate it in our diet plans. People also experience that beets are really great for weight loss. So, if you want to lose weight naturally, beets should be a top-priority food. You can also eat pickled beets, make vegetable using beet greens or take them in any other suitable form. Health benefits of beets are comprehensive . They make us robust and fit.