Health benefits of Pumpkin. The fruit Pumpkin is famous for its taste as well as its health benefits. Pumpkin is a culinary fruit that is commonly used around the globe. There are many health benefits of eating pumpkin and pumpkin seeds. Pumpkins actually are great from a nutrition point of view. Pumpkin seeds have been popular since ancient times for their taste, usability and nutrition.They should be consumed regularly ( in whatever form you like ) and the health benefits of pumpkin will slowly unfold. It is good for the health of kids, adult people as well as the aged people. So, let us see what are the health benefits of pumpkins and pumpkin seeds.
Health benefits of Pumpkins.
- Nutritional richness of pumpkins : They contain carbohydrates, amino acids , vitamins, mineral and also some good fats. This is a good food for complete nutrition. Pumpkins are excellent sources of dietary mineral Potassium and Calcium. It has a select number of B vitamins and also a good source of electrolytes. Because of its calcium , pumpkin is believed to assist women who have calcium deficiency problems. It is good for the bones.
- Pumpkin for Diabetes : Scientific study has confirmed that pumpkin flesh is remarkably powerful in controlling blood sugar levels. Pumpkin can assist those who suffer from any kind of diabetes. So, it should be on their menu many times a week.
- Pumpkin flesh and seeds are capable to lower blood Cholesterol and Triglyceride levels. This helps to keep the heart healthy and blood pressure optimum. There is lesser strain on the heart and much less risk for any heart disease.
- Eating pumpkin regularly can induce better mood and lower the stress on the body. Pumpkin can thus ease out depression and help you if you are going through a low.
- Pumpkins are great for digestive and bowel health. Pumpkin, winter squash and other fruits of this family ( Cucurbita ) are good for better bowel movement. It can also help with constipation.
Health benefits of Pumpkin Seeds.
- Wonderful source of dietary mineral Zinc : Pumpkin seeds are valued as excellent source of Zinc in diet. They also provide other dietary minerals like Manganese, Magnesium and Phosphorus.
- Pumpkin seeds are good source of Vitamin E which is a vitamin and an anti-oxidant. It helps to maintain many health functions in the body.
- Pumpkin seeds have a unique and powerful combination of health promoting nutrients like phenolic compounds, phytonutrients and anti-oxidants.
Pumpkin is grown in all parts of the world. Its regular consumption can help you to keep away from nutritional deficiency and therefore the deficiency diseases that they cause. Pumpkins are an important part of our culture. Pumpkins are used in foods, as vegetables- steamed or roasted and they are used in delicacies like pie, pumpkin bread, desserts etc. This means that we can avail the health benefits of pumpkins from the wide variety of dishes that use pumpkin and pumpkin seeds. Roasted pumpkin seeds are good for health and used in snacks . Kids really like roasted pumpkin seeds a lot.
Pumpkin is linked to Halloween as we all know. Eating pumpkins can make us healthier and happier . There are also some rare health benefits of pumpkin seed oil . Therefore, it is of medicinal value .