Parsley Tea health benefits for all. Parsley is a herb that is native to the Mediterranean region. It is grown both as a leaf and as a root. A herbal tea made from parsley offers many health benefits. Parsley has been a popular herb since ancient times and it is mentioned in numerous ancient cure texts. They knew of the health boosting properties of parsley. It is one of the most commonly used herbs, along with rosemary, thyme, basil, sage etc. It is a culinary herb that is used extensively in many recipes. Italian cooking is famous all over the world and it contains many recipes involving parsley. You can take the benefits of parsley in both forms, eating it as culinary herb and in the form of parsley tea.
Health benefits of parsley tea.
- Excellent Nutritional Value : Parsley is renowned for the excellent nutrition it provides us. Even parsley tea provides most of these essential nutrients. Parsley tea provides more than 50 % of the daily requirement of Vitamin C and Vitamin K. Besides this, it provides a lot of Iron, Folate, B complex vitamins, Calcium and Zinc. Eating this herb also provides some vegetable protein as well.
- Parsley Tea provides many Anti-oxidants. It is widely known that antioxidants are great for health and slow down aging. Well, parsley tea is loaded with antioxidants, many of which are very potent. There is special interest in an antioxidant called Luteolin.
- Health benefits attributed to Luteolin : Parsley contains an antioxidant called luteolin. It is actually a flavonoid that improves health. It is an anti-inflammatory substance and is proposed to help in a medical condition called multiple sclerosis. Luteolin is a special compound that is mostly found in herbs, mainly parsley, dandelion and rosemary.
- Parsley Tea benefits in arthritis and other inflammatory diseases : This is because it provides a lot of vitamin C as well as specific anti-inflammatory substances. These all help to reduce the problems associated with arthritis.
- Protection from Cancer : Parsley Tea is capable of protecting you from cancer. At least 2 substances have been isolated from parsley that are known to be powerful against carcinogens. Parsley tea can inhibit the activity of such harmful chemicals and protect the cells of our body.
- Parsley Tea is a diuretic. It stimulates the kidney to purge toxins from the body through urine. It is also believed to benefit in urinary tract infections.
Parsley Tea is good for a number of things. It is a well renowned herb. You can make your own parsley tea at home if you grow it in your garden. Parsley tea can be made from fresh leaves and dried leaves also. You can also buy bags of parsley tea from the market. If you do not find it in the market, you can search for parsley tea online and see if any supplier ships it to your place. It is not as common as green tea or chamomile tea, but still you can get it.
How to prepare parsley tea ? If you have tea bags, then you can prepare it directly, as you make any other tea. If the taste is not good, you can add some ginger to the tea. If you are making parsley tea direct from parsley grown in your home, then put only 2 tablespoon of washed and dried parsley in boiling water and steep it.
Side Effects of Parsley Tea : It is advised for expecting moms to NOT take parsley tea. For other people, parsley doesn’t have any serious side effects.